10. You have a reputation at your day job of being a work-aholic. What other reason would you grumble and talk to yourself as you type on your computer during lunch?
9. You write your child’s excuse for an absence and the teacher begs for the last three chapters. She wants to know how it ends.
8. You stir up trouble wherever you go. A story is only as good as the conflict.
7.You get pulled over for a ticket and the officer finally tells you NO MORE QUESTIONS.
6. You hear some good juicy gossip and then start thinking of a way to use it in a story. “I swear, your honor, I changed their names.”
5. You keep paper and pen on the nightstand. Did you know your relatives think you have a kinky sex life because of it?
4. You eavesdrop in conversations, swearing it’s research. It has nothing to do with the deep spine-tingling voice or his five-foot wide shoulders.
3. You have problems handling small talk. You’re always looking for motivation in the dialogue.
2. You catch yourself wanting to takes notes while someone chews you out. “She bobbed her head as one hand waved in the air.…”
1.You critique your spouse…in bed. “But, baby, there has to be better reason for us to do it now.”
So tell me what you would add to this list?
[I had posted this on Romance Magicians, February 2, 2011, but couldn't resist posting here.]
AND HAPPY EASTER!