Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Comment Worth Repeating

In response to a post by Lynn Raye Harris, author of several Harlequin Presents books, click here to read it, I commented how hard it is to be a published author. Her post is certainly a good one for all want-a-be authors out there.

I'm looking forward to the harder part.

The day job I'm in now, I thought I was nuts applying for it. It appeared harder than the one I had before. And it was. For three years I wanted to quit. I cried so much, let's say I even embarrassed myself a couple times. Then finally something happened. I realized I needed to quit worrying about it and just do it. I won't say it's easier, but at the end of a 13 million dollar job that went smoothly, I feel I've accomplished something. It gave me confidence that poured over into my dream. I finally thought if I can do this day job, who can dare tell me I can't get published.

Though it has been more than three years of trying, I know it will happen and I look forward to the scary parts. It'll make me a better person and a better writer.