Friday, June 19, 2009

Keep On Trucking and Far Out!

If you recognize those words in the subject line, then I know what generation you're from. Of course, I know those phrases are no longer used. Thankfully, my oldest daughter reads my manuscripts and helps me catch any errors and "old people" terms. LOL! I never realized some of the terms I used were considered out of date. For example, humdinger and hell bent for leather.

I also catch my heroine referring to the hero as a "young man." Sorry. No twenty-something year old woman would refer to a guy near her age or a bit older as "young" anything.

Anyway, it keeps me on my toes. (Hmmm, is that an old fashioned cliché?)

[Thankful Friday: That I'm going to see my dad this weekend. Can't wait.]

4 comments:

  1. This was a groovy post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter's given me a list as long as my arm of words I'm not supposed to use, but they're all current slang - she doesn't want me to embarrass her in front of her friends by talking trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trisha, I remember when my little brother said that for the first time. I made fun of him. That's what older sisters are for you know. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Suzanne, that's so funny. The same but reverse. My youngest daughter rolls her eyes when I say, "Sweet!"

    ReplyDelete