Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Five Things You Don't Know About Me

My oldest daughter sent me a list of 25 Things I didn't know about her. Well, I'm tired and really want to go on to bed, so I'll do only five. In keeping with thinking positive, I'll list things/events I won.

1) In elementary school (5th grade?), I won the Valentine's Day best box in my class. All the kids decorated shoe boxes to place our Valentine's Day cards inside. I placed a beautiful red feather on mine. Have no idea where I got the feather, but it did the trick.

2) In the 70's, I won all of the top 40 Country hits for that certain week. I was so disappointed to find out it was on one album. And I still have it. Probably a collector's item.

3) One time at a friend's birthday party (I was probably eight), I guessed the number of beans in a jar and won. Can't remember what I won. I just remember how surprised I was in guessing right.

4) My church use to hold a special women's meeting once a month in the evening and for four months out of six, I won the door prize. It got so embarrassing, I would give them away to other ladies there.

5)In 2007, I won my one and only writing contest. Short contemporary in the Golden Gateway. I've placed five times in 3rd placed in other writing contests. LOL!

5 comments:

  1. Some great wins, Carla. As one who hardly ever wins anything I'm hoping your luck's contagious.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm impressed. I never won anything in elementary school! I'm very jealous. :-)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two ladies are so funny! I bet you have and just have forgotten. If not, I'm wishing luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won the name in the book at the reader's luncheon 3 years ago! That's the best thing I've ever won. You're always the one with all the luck. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candi, I believe that was a great win. I loved readig a book with your name in it too.

    ReplyDelete