Saturday, June 6, 2009

National Conference Count Down

Just five weeks and two days more and then I'm off to Washington DC! I cannot wait. Never been there. Looking forward to the sightseeing. I hope it's not too hot. Yeah, yeah, I know I live further south and should be use to the heat, but I live and work in airconditioning. I'm spoiled.

There're so much about conferences I love. Getting to talk about writing all day and night, in this case for nearly six days. Whew! No cooking, cleaning. No dealing with equally spoilt husband. No customers to deal with. No driving back and forth in Birmingham traffic. Lots of free books. Seeing lots of my favorite authors including my buddy Sherrilyn Kenyon. Getting to see my other buddy, Christy Reece, at her first literacy signing. Chances to see editors and agents. I just have to remember to take it easy and not wear myself out.

Oh, yeah, I can't wait.

2 comments: