Monday, June 22, 2009

Moving At A Slower Pace

In the South, everyone talks slow and moves slow. Part of the reason is due to the heat and humidity. Some days you feel like you're walking through water and that isn't an exaggeration. And Southerners do love to exaggerate. Thus, all the storytellers.

Yesterday, I realized it takes me five to eight minutes to get out of the car. When I arrived home from my dad's (a two hour and fifteen minute trip), I drove into the garage, unplugged my iPod and placed it into its case (don't want scratches), took off my sunglasses and placed them in their case (ditto the other reason), put on my regular glasses (I refuse to wear bifocals), placed my cell phone into the special pocket inside my purse and then gather everything together and stepped out of the car after pushing the button to close the garage door. If you close the garage door before getting out of the car, you will be sweating by the time you get in the house. Too hot and stuffy. Gone are the days of turning off the car and just getting out. LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is so true. My husband and I were talking about this the other day. He told me "It takes you forever to get out of the car" and I responded that if he to keep track of all the stuff I have to keep track of it would take him that long too! LOL. And I'm with you on the heat and humidity. We seem to be getting our fair share of it right now.

    ReplyDelete