Monday, October 20, 2008

No, It's Not July

Over the weekend I went with my husband to his niece’s 3rd birthday. She had a castle birthday cake and wore a tiara to blow out the candles. Cute, cute, cute.

The party made me remember my children’s birthday celebrations over the years and though we couldn’t afford a lot of things when they were little, I have to say we did a pretty good job of making them fun. I hope they were wonderful memories for them.

You know as you get older, birthdays should still be important, but it’s really up to you to make sure they’re special. I’ve had birthdays at the beach, in the mountains, at home, work and partying until the cows came home. Now, I try to have my immediate family around me, wishing me many more.

Yeah. That’s it. Family. They make every birthday special and I’m thankful for each one that comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment