Thursday, October 16, 2008

Doom and Gloom

I was reading one of my favorite blogs today and the agent was warning of cut backs in book sales, advances, royalties, new contracts, and renewing contracts for some authors. All because the worry people will stop buying as many books as they have before.

Yes. I agree we may see some of this, but I know it will be cheaper for me to buy books online, paper and e-format. I'll probably go on vacation nearer to home and spend about the same as I did last year, or maybe go to fewer conferences. But I doubt I will cut back on books. That's the cheapest vacation I can take.

Things should start getting better next summer. We probably won't recover fully for a couple years. I can go into details about what will probably happen next but why depress everyone.

The important part for me is that books will still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment