Sunday, August 31, 2008

Got Ink Thumb?

I've been reading a book on and off today (no surprise there, huh?) and noticed the side of my left thumb was getting a black hue to it. It made me remember when I first started writing some years ago. I couldn't afford a computer and would only use a manual typewriter I owned when I finished a first draft of a chapter. And the company I worked at hadn't become modernized yet. So I did a lot of writing with pencil and pen. I had ink and graphite all on my fingers. No one had a doubt I was a pencil pusher. LOL! But I never mind having the ink from a book on my fingers and don't.

I love books. Reading them and owning them. Over the years I finally learned to narrow down the ones I keep. I estimate I read (not always all the way through - time is too precious to waste it on a book that doesn't satisfy) around 250 books a year.

Yep, I narrowed it down to the authors I can't miss their books. I keep Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters and Knights books. Now I keep Anne Stuart's and a couple new authors I've come across. The only author I started reading over twenty years and still keep every one of her books is Linda Howard's.

Thank you, Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment