Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bond, James Bond

When I started writing The Circle series, it was my thank you to La Femme Nikita. Loved that series. The current Nikita series is okay, but it doesn't have the same feel. 

My 'love affair' with spy and assassin movies/books started long before Nikita. For years, the only ones out there in books and movies were directed and produced for men to watch. Well, that is until Pierce Brosnan. By the time he was James Bond, the character became a little bit more PC, though I have to say (thankfully), he was still the James Bond that we all loved, macho, sexy and wanting every beautiful woman he met. Of course, the older Bonds were ruggedly handsome and women did watch the movies for them.

So when I wrote Desire, I wanted her to be a female James Bond, love 'em and leave 'em type of woman.

Plus I loved the quirkiness of the Bond series. Think about it, zombies, flying in space, invisible cars, gold painted girls, hats that can cut heads off, and many more. They're all extreme but make the books/movies different than others.

That's why my books are a little extreme. Please don't read them as a manual for being a spy or assassin. They're purely entertainment, fantasy you could say. I'm always surprised by how some people get all up in arms about the quirkiness.

Then again, those people are too serious by far and need to read more books like mine.