Things to remember when you volunteer, especially in a non-profit group.
1) No one is a professional at any of the jobs.
2) If you want something done, best to do it yourself and ask for volunteers to help you and this leads into ...
3) Someone may be 'over' a program, but it doesn't mean they should do it all by themselves.
4) When suggestions are given by those chairing a program, be kind enough to listen and do as asked. If you don't want to, fine. But don't complain later when someone else in the group gets recognition and you didn't. Or it didn't go like you wanted. And this leads into this one ...
5) Just because you volunteer it doesn't mean everyone will thank you. Some are working hard as you (and others less) and they don't get thanks either.
6) If you miss a few meetings, no one will come looking for you. People come and go at the drop of a hat. Besides, they're all working hard and don't have time to call you. You're an adult and it's your prerogative.
7) Most important! No one is more important or better than you and you're no better or more important than others. We're not in control of world peace here.