Thursday, March 3, 2011

RT BookReviews

I got in my newest copy of RT BookReviews yesterday. When I first started getting this magazine, it actually looked more like a newspaper, black and white, large. Then they changed to a black and white magazine format and then eventually to the colored format they have now.

In the early nineties, I paid the registration fee to go to their Booklovers convention. My sister planned to go with me and then backed out. At that time I was too insecure to go by myself. So I canceled and got my money back. Needless to say but I will, I was disappointed.

Well, one of my buddies invited me to go this year. Boy, oh, boy, I wanted to go. But funds are tight. It's been over two years since I received a bonus. That was my mad money to do such things. I had to turn it down. Really hated that. Not counting, I would've really liked to hang with that certain buddy.

Plus this year, my family (two daughters, one SIL, grandson and hubby) are going to the beach and I'm paying for the three-bedroom condo. I remember how it was when my kids were young. We didn't have the money for much, no less nice vacations. My mom didn't have any extra money at all and my dad was doing his own thing. In other words, all my extra money (what there is) is going toward this vacation. I have to say the last two times we did this, it was wonderful and I hope it's repeated again.

Maybe next year I'll have some funds for conventions or conferences. Family first.