Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflecting

Guess this is the usual time to reflect on good things that happened to me in the past year. Weeellll...I'm really trying hard to think of something. I'm happy and blessed I still have my job and my kids are healthy.

Ahhhhhh...::sigh::...but when it comes to my writing, this hasn't been a good year. Not one final. Not one good rejection (like asking to see something else or the submission revised). Of course I entered the least contests in the last six years and a couple of those I came real close.

Geez, I know it's time to follow the advice I heard on my favorite soap opera and posted about. For sure, what I've been doing isn't getting it done. Deep inside, I know my writing has improved a thousand percent. I feel stagnated. With the pressure my hubby has been giving me to quit, I have to do something to show forward movement.

So here's to change. Nothing drastic. Yet. But if this new year doesn't bring a contract of some type, I'm quiting everything. Of course, I'll continue to write but only for myself. Next year will be twenty-five years of trying. If it doesn't happen, then I have to realize I don't have what it takes. I'll have to quit for my own sanity and health.

I have twelve months. Who knows.

In the meanwhile, I hope everyone's dreams come true. Including my own.