Friday, February 27, 2009

Thankful Friday

Today I was thinking about all the writers conferences sponsored by RWA chapters I've been to in the last 10 years or so. They go like this, 3 in Birmingham, 3 in Shreveport, 3 in Atlanta, 1 in Melbourne, 1 in Ft. Lauderdale, 1 in Jacksonville, FL, 1 in Knoxville, 1 in New Jersey, and 1 in Pensacola. And to think all but two were in the last five years. That's 15 conferences, folks.

I've been to only 1 RWA National conference and it was in Atlanta and I do plan to go to this year's in Washington DC.

Of all the conferences, including the one in Birmingham I was chairperson of and I really should be ashamed of myself, but I have my reasons, the favorite one was the Moonlight and Magnolias conference in Atlanta last year. I'm sure it had a lot to do with me being a finalist and having my two best buddies with me to celebrate.

My second favorite was Ft. Lauderdale's because I came away with FIVE requests. It pays to be friendly to those you sit with at lunch and dinner.

Getting back to the thankful part, I'm thankful I have a job that provides the funds (though I've given up several other things to do so too) to attend the conferences. In some cases, I've even purchased air fare to attend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment