Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ghosts of The Past

The other day for the heck of it, I decided to look up on MapQuest the place on Smith Lake my mom and dad use to own when I was a kid. I spent a many summer at the lake.  We would stay during the summer there and Dad would go into Birmingham to work, returning on the weekends to hang out with us.

Well, the area has changed a lot in the 45 years I've been gone. Wow, 45 years.  I guess it makes sense. Anyway, it made me a little sad because the people who now own the land (our two bedroom trailer was long gone) and built their house on it, wouldn't know about all the good times we had: the bonfires, the watermelon fights, and the running around screaming and jumping in the water fun. There was a house for sale next to the property. Sure wish I could buy it though I prefer the old property instead.

MapQuest is neat. Gave me a chance to see the place without leaving my chair.