As you probably know, the third book in The Circle series is
due to be released in e-format on December 26.
When I first wrote CIRCLE OF DESIRE with the passionate
Olivia and reserved Collin as the main characters, I had already planned the
next five-six books and their primary characters with a vague plot for each.
Before DESIRE was published, I had already written a couple chapters of the
second book (CIRCLE OF DANGER) and looked forward to seeing how Collin’s
scarred brother, Ryker, would handle the newly liberated Marie and was certain
the next couple would include the second in command to Ryker, Jack Drago. But
my editor at the time loved Rex and Abby, and wanted their story next.
Actually, I planned for their story to be book number four
but after DESIRE was published I read in several reviews how they were curious
about six-five Rex and deadly Abby. So what the heck! CIRCLE OF DECEPTION
became the next story and I was glad. All of it fell into place.
Though I rarely hear of authors doing this, when I’m between
writing projects, I’ll pull out my books and re-read sections of them. Hey, I
write books I would love to read. Makes sense to me.
Okay, now you’re asking, what happened to books four through
six? The blurb for DECEPTION does say “Carla Swafford's erotic Circle series comes to an exhilarating finale
as the team of sexy spies and assassins goes undercover-under the covers.”
The lovely thing about the new age of publishing is that authors
have options for their books. I’ll let you know when more CIRCLE series are
available. For now, I have a couple of
other deadly series in mind, and like most authors, I can’t say much about them
as I have no idea of when they’ll be written. Yes. I’m a tease.

No comments:
Post a Comment