Mr. Curtis died yesterday at the age of 85. He was one of those fellows who looked so good but had a sense of humor. I remember seeing a biography on him once. He and his first wife, Janet Leigh, would have friends over and make home movies with everyone playing parts. I always wished I was one of their kids. It looked like so much fun.
On an ironic note, today is the Flintstones’s 50th Anniversary. Tony lent his voice for Stoney Curtis, a character based on him.
(And as kids, my sister’s favorite musician was Paul McCartney and mine was Ringo Starr.)
"Some Like It Hot" has to be the funniest movie ever made.
ReplyDeleteTony Curtis was my favorite too, but I think his personal life was very sad.
(And I was all about John Lennon!)
I agree with you on the movie. So funny.
ReplyDeleteWhy am I not surprised you were all about John. I find people who are very smart dug him. Far out!