Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Music Of The Time

I love music of all types. Some more than others like most people. Jazz, rarely. Blues, a lot. Rock, pop and alternative, like them most of the time. Classical, show tunes, helps me chill.

One thing I noticed about music used in movies set in the 60s or 70s, they usually play the tunes from the end of the decade. The movie can be set in 1964, but they'll play Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride from the late 60s. Early 60s was more Beatles and Peter, Paul & Mary.

Whenever I hear people talk about the disco age being in the 70s, I point out disco didn't really show up until the later part. There was a lot of great music then from the Jackson 5, Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, and Roberta Flack.

So much great music no matter the type or decade.