Saturday, December 19, 2009

People From Your Past

It's funny how sometimes a name from your past will come to mind and you can't help but wonder how that person is doing? Or if they ever think of you? And especially if they think of me with kindness?

You know, as you grow older, your past takes on a rosy hue and you remember things not exactly the way they were. Kind of like an article I read once where they talked about how people tend to think kinder of people who died. Like those who were hateful while alive, relatives will remember them fondly after they die. As a child will an alcoholic parent. Or a wife of her abusive husband. Not that I'm an alcoholic or abusive (or been abused), or dead for that matter, nothing like that. Just wondering if they think of me.

I'm one of those people who are always surprised when someone remembers my name or remembers me from ten years or more ago.

Wouldn't it be interesting if we wrote down every name of every person we met? Wow, considering the type of jobs I've had, that would be a lot of names.

Oh, well, just been thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment