Sunday, February 22, 2009

And I Would Like To Thank...

Whenever you watch a NASCAR event and they interview the winner, he'll say something like "I couldn't have done it without my Coca-Cola, Mobil Oil, Pizza Hut, Goody's Powder Chevrolet team." Yep. The longer the mic stays in front of them the more sponsors they'll mention. Too funny. Even stranger is that I don't mind. And yes, I'm like so many NASCAR fans, I'm more apt to buy from my favorite driver's sponsor. LOL!

Just think if romance writers had sponsors and when they stepped up on the stage at a RWA National Conference to accept their RITA. Would they say something like "I wouldn't have done it without my Books-a-Million, Dell, HP Multipurpose paper, Lexmark, Charter Internet, [insert agent and publisher] team"? Yeah. I can see it. Patches all over my formal dress, shaking up a big bottle of champagne and changing out tiaras with different logos in rhinestones as I talk with the interviewer from Romance Novel TV. Oh, yeeeaahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment