Thursday, February 4, 2010

Now That Looks Good

Overall I have a hard time turning down food. Thus the reason I have weight issues. Or like the new PC way of saying it, I’m weight challenged. To me that sounds like what my mother and sister’s problem when they were younger. They were underweight. That’s not the case for me. Remember I said I have a hard time TURNING down food. Why The Lord decided I would be only one of my siblings to have the problem, I have no idea, but even my brother is tall and skinny as a rail. I’m not only the tallest one sideways, but the shortest lengthwise. I get my weight challenges from my dad’s side of the family. He had two sisters who were well-rounded individuals - yes, a play on words.

I was standing at the candy vending machine, slipping in coin after hard earned coin into the slot, anticipating the taste of one of my favorite candy bars, Milky Ways. The creamy caramel and nougat all covered in milk chocolate…awww…cho…co…late. It was wonderful.

Sorry. I’ve got my eyes uncrossed now. While standing there I was thinking of my favorite foods that I cannot turn down unless I have the stomach flu and even then I’ve learned where’s there a will, there’s a way, and decided to list them on the blog. Yes. Another list. You know me. I love lists.

10. Cotton candy and caramel popcorn.
Though two junk foods, I feel they belong together on the list.

9. Anything with cinnamon in it.
Especially “cinnamon toast.”

8. Cheese
Especially gouda.

7. French fries

6. Chicken and dressing
My mom’s in particular.

5. Apple strudel or baked apples.
Remember the cinnamon above?

4. Coconut Bon-bons
Coconut centers with a thin layer of flavored fondant.

3. German Chocolate cake
The coconut and pecan icing is to die for.

2. Pie
Pecan, lemon, apple, etc., but preferably chocolate. Not surprised, heh?

1. Donuts
Krispy Kreme or a little bakery near where I work called Fultondale Bakery. They could give Krispy Kreme a run for their money.

And I wonder why I’m so…plump?